Buffer is a social media management platform that allows users to schedule and publish content across multiple social media platforms. It also provides tools for analyzing the performance of social media posts and tracking engagement with followers. Buffer can be used by individuals, small businesses, and large organizations to streamline their social media marketing efforts and improve their online presence. Some features of Buffer include content creation and curation, post scheduling and publishing, social media analytics, team collaboration, and social media advertising management. Buffer is available as a web application as well as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Buffer social media toolkit working in brief?
Buffer is a social media management platform that offers a suite of tools to help users manage and optimize their social media presence. The Buffer social media toolkit works by providing users with the following features:
- Content creation and curation: Buffer allows users to create and curate content for their social media channels, with features such as image editing, content suggestions, and a browser extension for easy bookmarking of articles and links.
- Post scheduling and publishing: Users can schedule and publish their content to multiple social media platforms at once, with the ability to customize the posting time and date for each platform.
- Social media analytics: Buffer provides in-depth analytics and insights into social media performance, allowing users to track engagement, monitor growth, and measure the success of their social media campaigns.
- Team collaboration: Buffer allows users to collaborate with team members and manage multiple social media accounts from a single platform, with features such as user roles and permissions, approval workflows, and team task assignments.
- Social media advertising management: Buffer offers a range of tools for managing social media advertising campaigns, including ad creation, targeting, and optimization.
By using these features, Buffer helps users to streamline their social media management process, save time and effort, and improve their overall social media performance.
How many social accounts can I connect?
The number of social accounts you can connect to Buffer depends on the pricing plan you choose. Here are the current limits for each plan:
- Free Plan: 1 social account per platform (e.g., 1 Facebook, 1 Twitter, 1 Instagram, etc.) with up to 10 scheduled posts per profile.
- Pro Plan: Up to 8 social accounts per platform with up to 100 scheduled posts per profile.
- Premium Plan: Up to 8 social accounts per platform with up to 2,000 scheduled posts per profile, along with additional features such as social media analytics and team collaboration tools.
- Business Plan: Up to 25 social accounts per platform with up to 2,000 scheduled posts per profile, along with advanced features such as custom workflows and user permissions.
It’s important to note that the above limits are subject to change, so it’s always a good idea to check the current pricing and plan details on the Buffer website.
How do permission levels work?
Buffer allows you to assign different permission levels to team members, which controls what they can access and do within the platform. There are four different permission levels available in Buffer:
- Owner: The owner has full access to all features and settings in the account, including billing information and the ability to add or remove team members.
- Admin: An admin has full access to all features and settings in the account, except for billing information and adding or removing team members.
- Contributor: A contributor can create and schedule content, but cannot publish or edit posts or access billing information.
- Analyze: An analyze user can only view analytics data, and cannot create, schedule, publish or edit posts.
When you invite team members to join your Buffer account, you can assign them a permission level based on their role and responsibilities. This allows you to control what actions they can perform and what data they can access within the platform. By using permission levels, you can ensure that your team members have the access they need to do their job, while maintaining the security and integrity of your social media accounts.
What social media channels are supported on Buffer’s publishing tool?
Buffer’s publishing tool supports several social media channels, including:
- Facebook (Pages and Groups)
- Twitter (Profiles)
- Instagram (Profiles and Business accounts)
- LinkedIn (Profiles and Pages)
- Pinterest (Profiles and Boards)
Buffer also supports additional channels for its analytics and engagement tools, including YouTube, TikTok, and Twitch. However, these channels are currently not supported for scheduling and publishing content.
It’s important to note that the specific features and functionality available for each social media channel may vary depending on the plan you choose. For example, some plans may offer more advanced features for certain channels, such as Instagram story scheduling or LinkedIn analytics. It’s always a good idea to check the Buffer website for the latest information on supported social media channels and plan features.